Sunday, February 17, 2008

1896, Will of Henry Siptroth

Monroe County, Pennsylvania
File No. 680 T
Year 1896
Henry Siptroth
The Last Will and Testament
Recorded in Will Book Volume 4 Page 316
Filed April 6 1896

In the name of God amen I Henry Siptroth of the Township of Jackson in the County of Monroe and the state of Pennsylvania Being sick and weak in Body but of sound mind memory and understanding praise be to God for it Considering the uncertainty of the time thereof and to the end I may be the better prepared to leave this world whenever it shall please God to Call me hence, do therefore make and declare this my last will and Testament in the manner following

First and Principally I commend my Soul into the hands Almighty God my creator and direct my body decently interred Corresponding with my Estate and Situation in life I order that all my just debts Funeral Expenses and Charges of Proving this my will be in the first place fully paid and satisfied, I give and bequeath all my messuage lands tenements and hereditaments whatsoever situate laying and being in the Township of Jackson County and state aforesaid unto my dear wife Sally absolutely for her own use and controle forever
I also give and bequeath to my said wife all my Household goods and all Personal Estate now belonging to me whatsoever
I will that my said wife shall pay out of my Personal Estate all Just debts and expense due and owing by me and to furnish means and assist my Executor herein after mentioned in settling up my estate and to carry out the Provisions of this my will And I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint Christian Siptroth (Note: “Amandas Possinger” crossed out) of Jackson Township Executor of this my will In witness whereof I the said Testator Henry Siptroth have to this my Last Will and Testament set my hand and seal the 7th day of March A.D. 1896
HENRY SIPTROTH seal

Signed sealed published and declared by the said Testator Henry Siptroth as and for his Last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence and at his request have subscribed our names as witnesses thereto

JOHN A SINGER
JEROME HELLER

MONROE COUNTY, SS.
On The Sixth day of April Anno Domini, one thousand eight hundred and ninety-six before me M.S. Warren Register for the probate of Wills and granting of letters of Administration, in and for said county, personally appeared John A. Singer & Jerome Heller the two subscribing witnesses to the annexed instrument of writing - dated the 7th day of March A.D. 1896 - purporting to be the last Will and Testament of Henry Siptroth - late of Jackson Township, said county, deceased, and after being duly sworn according to law, did, thereupon severally declare and say, that they were present and saw and heard Henry Siptroth the testator sign, seal, publish, pronounce and declare the annexed instrument of writing, us, and for His last Will and Testament, and that at the time of so doing He was of perfect and sound mind, memory and understanding, to the best of their knowledge, observation and belief, and that they subscribed their name to said last Will and Testament in the presence of, and request of the Testator and in the presence of each other. Whereupon, it is by the said Register considered and adjudged, that the said Will duly proven to be the last Will and Testament of the said Henry Siptroth and the same is accordingly admitted to Probate.

Witness My Hand M. S. WARREN Register

IN CONFORMITY with the foregoing Will and Probate thereof, letters testamentary were granted to Christian Siptroth (son) the Executor therein named, He having first been duly sworn according to law well and truly to administer the goods and chattels, rights and credits of the said Testator make a true and prefect Inventory thereof, and exhibit the same into the Register’s Office, at Stroudsburg, within thirty days from the date hereof, and render a true account of His whole administration within one year, or when thereunto legally required, and well and truly comply with the provisions of the law relating to collateral inheritance.

Given under my hand and seal of the Register’s Office, at Stroudsburg, the Sixth day of April Anno Domini, one thousand eight hundred and ninety-six. M. S. WARREN Register

MONROE COUNTY, SS,
On the Sixth day of April Anno Domini one thousand eight hundred and ninety-six before me M. S. Warren Register, for the probate of Wills and granting of Letters of Administration, &c., in and for said County, personally appeared John A. Singer & Jerome Heller the Two subscribing witnesses to the annexed instrument of writing - dated the 7th day of March A.D. 1896 - purporting to be the last Will and Testament of Henry Siptroth - late of Jackson Township, said county, deceased, and after being duly sworn according to law, did, thereupon severally declare and say, that they were present and saw and heard Henry Siptroth the testator sign, seal, publish, announce, and declare the annexed instrument of writing, as, and for His last Will and Testament, and that at the time of so doing He was of perfect and sound mind, memory and understanding, to the best of their knowledge, observation and belief, and that they subscribed their name to said last Will and Testament in the presence, and request, of the Testator and in the presence of each other.

Sworn and Subscribed before me M. S. WARREN Register
JOHN A SINGER
JEROME HELLER

MONROE COUNTY, SS.:
On the Sixth day of April A.D. 1896, before me, M S Warren, Register for the probate of Wills, &c., in and for said County, personally appeared Christian Siptroth and after being duly sworn according to law did declare and say that Henry Siptroth died on the 22d day of March A.D. 1896 at about 1 O’clock., P.M. to the best of His knowledge and belief.

Sworn and Subscribed before me M. S. WARREN Register

CHRISTIAN SIPTROTH

No comments: